[ Events ]
5K For LAC
Join Us To Raise Money For WSCAI’s Legislative Action Committee
September 22, 2021 Beginning At 8:30 a.m.
Bridal Trails State Park, Kirkland
Help us trend! Share on social media with the hashtag:
Date & Times
Registration: 8:30-9:30 a.m.
Announcements: 9:45 a.m.
Runners: 10:00 a.m.
Run/Walk: 10:06 a.m.
Walkers**: 10:10 a.m.
**Walkers should be finished
by 11:30 a.m.
Individual Entry Fee: $35
* Special Offer*
Register By September 7 to receive an official LAC For 5K t-shirt!
Team of 5 Entry Fee: $150
* Special Offer*
Register By September 7 to receive official LAC For 5K t-shirts!
What Is This Thing Called LAC?
The LAC or Legislative Action Committee is a group of WSCAI member volunteers who review drafts of bills, work with lobbyists, and provide testimony to ensure that laws passed in Washington state promote the interests of community associations. LAC volunteers represent different facets of community association life: homeowners, community managers, attorneys and other Business Partners.
The LAC’s Mission: To positively influence legislation that directly impacts community associations and their residents.
What has the LAC done for you lately?
- Earlier this year, the LAC worked to defeat two harmful construction defect bills that would have left homeowners in small condo communities without warranty protections.
- In July, the LAC worked with the Governor’s office to permit fines for covenant violations while still prohibiting fees and interest for late assessments.
- Currently, the LAC is working to make remote meetings and electronic voting permanent for community associations. The LAC wants the convenience and time- and cost-savings of these online capabilities to continue after the pandemic emergency ends.
What can you do for the LAC?
- Your testimony helps capture the attention of lawmakers and illustrates how proposed legislation impacts the people who live in community associations.
- Your donations ensure the LAC retains professional lobbyists who keep the channels of communication open with policy makers and government officials.