[ Events ]
LAC Virtual 5k
Join Us To Raise Money For WSCAI’s Legislative Action Committee
Help us trend! Share on social media with the hashtag:
LAC Virtual 5k: Race for the LAC!
Join us for the LAC Virtual 5k, benefiting WSCAI’s Legislative Action Committee with your WSCAI colleagues!
Date & Time
Participants can walk, run, bike, swim, sit on couch and support the LAC!
Wednesday, October 28
Join the Community Outreach Committee Members to walk along the Seattle Waterfront. All are welcome! Bring a mask!
Virtual Race Packets
Each participant will receive a “Race Day” packet before October 23 at one of the three (3) pick-up stations*:
▸ Old Rainier Brewery Area
▸ Interbay Area
▸ North End (Lynnwood)
*“Race Day” packet pick-up location details will be emailed to registrants prior to October 23.
$25 per person
What is a Virtual “Race”?:
There’s no parking, no crowds, no porta potty lines and no shotgun start!
We all have seen the 5k fun-runs/walks in the area or in our emails to participate, they’re a great way to raise money for a local cause while simultaneously getting a few extra steps in. This year we’re hosting a “Virtual” 5k to raise funds for WSCAI’s Legislative Action Committee (LAC). This flexibility is a new trend, and a wonderful aspect given the busy lives we all lead.
The Community Outreach Committee is offering this fun and creative event for the membership to help raise $5K for the LAC.
How It Works:
Participants register and select their method of participation (run, walk, bike, swim, other), and pay the registration fee. Each participant will receive a “Race Day” packet before October 23rd at one of the three (3) pick-up stations.
During the week of October 26th – 30th, we encourage you to take a photo during your activity and share on social media with the hashtag, #whatisthisthingcalledLAC to help us trend the event.
Should you wish to walk in-person, Community Outreach Committee members will be walking along the Seattle waterfront on Wednesday October 28 from 12:00 – 3:00 p.m. All are welcome to join them! Bring a mask!
Thank You To Our Sponsors:
What Is This Thing Called LAC?
The LAC or Legislative Action Committee is a group of WSCAI member volunteers who review drafts of bills, work with lobbyists, and provide testimony to ensure that laws passed in Washington state promote the interests of community associations. LAC volunteers represent different facets of community association life: homeowners, community managers, attorneys and other Business Partners.
The LAC’s Mission: To positively influence legislation that directly impacts community associations and their residents.
What has the LAC done for you lately?
- Earlier this year, the LAC worked to defeat two harmful construction defect bills that would have left homeowners in small condo communities without warranty protections.
- In July, the LAC worked with the Governor’s office to permit fines for covenant violations while still prohibiting fees and interest for late assessments.
- Currently, the LAC is working to make remote meetings and electronic voting permanent for community associations. The LAC wants the convenience and time- and cost-savings of these online capabilities to continue after the pandemic emergency ends.
What can you do for the LAC?
- Your testimony helps capture the attention of lawmakers and illustrates how proposed legislation impacts the people who live in community associations.
- Your donations ensure the LAC retains professional lobbyists who keep the channels of communication open with policy makers and government officials.