[ Job Bank ]
HOA General Manager
Semiahmoo Residents Association;
Blaine WA, 98230
Who We Are:
Semiahmoo Residents Association (SRA) is a premier residential resort community located in the quaint city of Blaine, WA, just north of Bellingham. The Association enjoys 30 years of history operating under covenants, rules and restrictions that govern approximately 900 properties built around an Arnold Palmer designed championship golf course, on the shores of Drayton Harbor, at the Salish Sea.
The Association includes, but does not manage, the Semiahmoo Resort Hotel, Golf & Country Club, and the Semiahmoo marina. The setting is one of the most spectacular resort locations in North America.
We are looking for a personable, detailed, and experienced professional to serve as General Manager.
The SRA mission is to enhance and preserve the natural beauty, harmonious design, quality of life, and sense of community within Semiahmoo. We accomplish this by:
- Maintaining assets for safety, beauty, durability, and environmental compliance
- Communicating regularly to SRA community membership and stakeholders
- Responsible management of funds that allow for sustainability and growth.
- Accountable enforcement of rules, regulations, and covenants.
- Planning for the future with strategic initiatives and capital improvements
Who We Are Looking For:
SRA is looking for a leader who will elegantly embrace change, celebrate innovation, and have unwavering passion for providing exquisite customer service and vision to the membership and to the staff. The successful candidate is prepared to speak to the reason this General Manager position is the right career fit. They will communicate their previous accomplishments and demonstrate communication connectivity. The successful candidate will demonstrate knowledge of property management, personnel management, and experience with challenges and change. We are seeking a personable, well-organized team leader.
The General Manager, serving at the pleasure of the Board of Directors, reports directly to the Board President. This position has full responsibility for managing Semiahmoo Residents Association and its amenities.
The General Manager is responsible for holding comprehensive knowledge of the SRA operational methods, accounting procedures, and personnel best practices. Further, it is imperative the GM holds knowledge of and demonstrates appropriate practice of the State of Washington laws pertaining to Homeowners Associations.
The GM is responsible for actionable knowledge of SRA CC&Rs and bylaws, inventory and procurement, contract relations and association maintenance. The GM fulfills the obligations of the management function in conjunction with the goals and objectives of the Board of Directors.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for supervision, recruitment, training, development, and performance management of staff.
- Oversee sourcing, recruitment, and performance of contractors and vendors
- Prepares schedules and establishes priorities for routine and special work projects.
- Prepares and implements monthly, quarterly, annual, and long-term operational plans and budgets with regular progress tracking for Board oversight.
- Prepares annual operating and reserve budget estimates for Board action and approval. Reports the monthly financial obligations of the Association and distributes the financial data to the Board.
- Administers the various functions of the community within the projected and approved operating and reserve budgets. Advises the Board of significant concerns, problems, or deviations from the management plan.
- Works closely with the chartered committees to ensure compliance, direction, efficiency and coordination with the Board and committees.
- Develops and maintains relationships with city officials, local emergency service providers.
- Acts as liaison between the Board and residents in the execution of the established policies and the conveyance of resident grievances.
- Analyzes financial reports, coordinates input of professional advisors, implements recommended procedure.
- Establishes priorities, provides advice to the Board concerning major expenditures.
- Supervises expenditures to conform with budget guidelines.
- Establishes budget controls and prepares budget recommendations.
- Trains new Board members.
- Prepares and circulates monthly community newsletter.
- Prepares together with the Director of Maintenance Operations the ‘Monthly Maintenance Update’ for the community.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience as an on-site homeowners association General Manager OR 5 years’ experience as a senior manager with a multifamily management company.
- Previous experience in maintenance supervision, recreation management, project development related fields.
- CAI and/or other related industry designation required. CAI preferred. (Or be willing to attained within first 90 days of employment).
- Knowledge of accepted management practices and procedures, building and grounds maintenance requirements, personnel development and administration, and budget and finance.
- Ability to apply principles, practices, and objectives of recreation, administration, and management.
- Knowledge of community association development.
- Proficient utilization of Microsoft Office software, specifically Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Proficient utilization of QuickBooks accounting software preferred.
- Ability to prepare, establish and execute work standards, goals, and evaluation of outcomes.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and written. (i.e. written recommendation.)
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance plan
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Schedule: Monday through Friday with some weekends and any emergency
- Education: Bachelors’ degree in Community Management (Preferred)
- Experience: HOA Management; 5 years
- License/Certification: CAI certification (Preferred)
- Remote Work: Under special and authorized circumstances.
- Probationary Period: 90 days with Board option to extend to 6 months.