McLeod Construction, a Seattle-based General Contractor, is seeking an experienced Estimator/Project Manager with multi-family and light commercial remediation/renovation experience to join our growing company. We are an equal opportunity employer offering a competitive salary and benefit package.
The ideal candidate will be organized, professional, detailed, desire to take on responsibility and work well under pressure. This position is responsible for sales, estimating, providing supervision, and support for construction projects and seeing projects through to completion. The position will suit a team player who strives to do excellent work and helps others in the company when needed (no job too small). We value our professional relationships and strive to maintain them through excellent customer service.
DESCRIPTION OF WORK
– field new clients, and maintain existing relationships with repeat clients
– read blueprints and work with engineers, consultants, and owners’ representatives
– prepare estimates/construction proposals for work large and small performed by company employees as well as subcontractors
– manage Project Assistant(s) and/or Vendor PO’s directly
– work well with site superintendents to schedule and manage projects
– review and approve project payroll and job costing
– work with accounting staff for change order prep and invoicing
– work directly with clients and consultants
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
– Manage multiple construction projects on a consistent basis.
– Develop and maintain project schedule, cost control and quality control.
– Establish and maintain good client relationships.
– Prepare/update project status reports.
Minimum 5 (five) years construction management and estimating. Must have experience in work other than new construction.
Our ideal candidate is someone who can effectively communicate with our customers and employees. They are a great multi-tasker while staying calm and in control.
They have no problems working independently or as a team player.
Thorough knowledge of all aspects of construction (estimating, technology, equipment, methods). Knowledge of multifamily a plus.
Excellent communication, organizational, supervisory and planning skills required.
Strong customer service skills are necessary to deal with varying client personalities.
Strong ethics and ability company’s code of conduct
Outstanding time management skills
Skilled in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Project
Clean background check
A competitive salary with opportunities for quarterly and year-end bonuses. Benefits package that includes vehicle allowance (or company vehicle after 6 months), medical / dental / vision insurance as well as 401(k) with a company match of 4% of annual salary (eligible after 6 months).
North Seattle 98133
1115 N 140th Street Seattle, WA 98133