[ Job Bank ]
Estimator / Project Manager
ESTIMATOR / PROJECT MANAGER:
The Estimator is a critical position within the company. Estimators are responsible for evaluating bid specifications and drawings, ensuring that all information about the project is complete in order to successfully bid and win the project. Estimators work closely with the Production teams, follow-up on bids and budgets and oversee the management of the project from start to finish.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee construction projects from start to finish.
- Perform a key role in project planning, budgeting, and identification of resources needed.
- Create the teams, develop the objectives/goals of each and assign individual responsibilities.
- Project accounting functions including managing the budget, tracking of team expenses and minimizing exposure and risk in the project.
- Ensure that construction activities move according to predetermined schedule.
- Experience with Xactimate, estimating insurance losses, emergency, and repair / remodel services a plus.
- Scope residential and commercial projects including remodels, tenant improvements, as well as insurance losses.
- Must be comfortable selling projects and services as well as communicating with customers property managers, and insurance adjusters.
- Must be available after hours and weekends for emergency services from time to time.
Skills and specifications:
- Must be attentive to detail
- Able to juggle multiple tasks
- Strong sales and negotiation skills
- Working knowledge of residential and commercial construction
- Good computer skills
- Able to communicate clearly, concisely and personably in both written and verbal forms of communication
- COVID-19 Protocols are actively used both in our office space and on all of our projects. Necessary PPE is supplied.