[ Events ]
CEO Symposium 2021
CEO Symposium for Management Company & Business Partner CEOs
This event is designed for and limited to company business owners and/or key staff members.
Tuesday, December 7, 2021 8:30 to 10:30 a.m.
Building Great Teams: A Strategic Approach To Recruitment & Sustainable Employee Engagement
Mike Thomas, of M. Thomas Company, will present on the challenge of attracting and retaining top talent, and how to create an environment and culture where employees are very engaged.
Mike will lead the audience full circle through practical and actionable concepts including:
- Current State: Do you understand your current state relative to turnover rates? How engaged are your employees? How do you measure employee engagement?
- A, B & C Players: What makes each player an A, B or C in your organization? Why we often hold on to C players. Who does each player type regularly hire and/or promote based on their confidence type?
- Compensation Strategy: What is a compensation strategy? Do you have an understood compensation strategy in your organization? What are some examples of compensation strategies?
- Attrition & Attraction: Are you losing talent or having a difficult time attracting top talent that fits your culture? What are some of the reasons we believe this is happening? Is it cultural fit, a “better” offer, more opportunity for growth?
- Career Path & Opportunity: Is there a clear understanding of career paths and growth opportunities? What makes this important?
- Values Based Hiring: Do you have a set of working core values that authentically represent your culture? Are your values discussed during the interview and hiring process? How much weight is put on skills and expertise?
Included during the two-hour event will be an opportunity for attendees to ask questions and breakout rooms for attendees to collaborate.
(Click image for full presenter bio.)
Mike Thomas founded M. Thomas Company with the purpose of creating and transforming work environments into places of community and connection. When team members feel trusted, empowered and supported, they engage and perform at a higher level. Using innovative principles and real-world business acumen, Mike Thomas works with executives, managers, peers, and teammates to find meaning in their work together and a shared mission.
With a construction background spanning over 25 years, Mike has developed skills and tools to coach leaders and teams in building roadmaps to success. Focusing on culture, values, decision-making and practical metrics, he guides teams to higher performance and better connection with each other. Great employees gravitate toward cultures that support healthy, supportive, caring environments where people feel heard, respected and experience growth.
Today’s business environment invites change in our thinking and metrics; employees seek purpose in their work life. Mike Thomas brings these principles to his work, to his family in Sammamish, WA, and many years coaching youth athletics. Results will follow when we trust the process.
When & Where
Tuesday, December 7
8:30 – 10:30 a.m.
Management Company CEOs & Leaders
$35 (through 11/26)
$45 (through 12/3)
$65 (after 12/3)
$49 (through 11/26)
$69 (through 12/3)
$89 (after 12/3)
Business Partner Company CEOs & Leaders
$45 (through 11/26)
$55 (through 12/3)
$75 (after 12/3)
$59 (through 11/26)
$79 (through 12/3)
$99 (after 12/3)