[ Job Bank ]
Association Management Agent
Company Name: Homeowners Association Services, Inc
Company Website: hoaagent.com
Position Title: Association Management Agent
Job Location: Spokane County, Washington
Status: Full Time
Experience Level: Mid Career
Salary Range: $41,600
Special Requirements: Driving, technology, communications, commitment
Contact Name: Valerie
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Spokane County, Washington
Submit Resume & Letter of Interest To:
Association Management Agent Job Opening
Homeowners Association Services, Inc is hiring an Association Management Agent in Spokane County. The position is full-time. Candidates with experience in the Community Association industry are preferred but all aspects of job are trainable.
The Agent will work with Associations to determine their goals for neighborhood aesthetics and combined with an established set of rules and elements in each association, evaluate how to best achieve desired outcomes. Maintenance of common areas is an integral part of an HOA’s statistically proven ability to maintain home values better than a neighborhood without an HOA.
The Agent will respond to maintenance related issues and will field inquiries from all stakeholders in response to a request. The Agent must be skilled in customer service, listening, and resolving conflict. The successful candidate will be a good listener and listening to frustrations outside the capacity of the job description is common. Above all, the successful candidate will strive to make the board member, a homeowner, and vendor a partner in maintaining a neighborhood which everyone can appreciate.
- The Agent should possess a general knowledge of organizational techniques and the ability to continuously coordinate a wide variety of activities.
- Travel to communities in the portfolio will be required, so candidates must have a valid state driver’s license, good driving record, working vehicle, mileage reimbursement provided.
- Prospect should have experience in the HOA industry or comparable experience in a fast pace, multi-priority work environment. Agent must be able to juggle priorities, be responsive, and have strong customer service skills.
- Establishing and implementing long term planning, organizational goals, and objectives.
- Ensure continuous follow up and monitoring of outstanding calls, emails, and appFolio workflow.
- Attend regular board and annual meetings, availability for evening meetings. Organize the location reservations, dates and times as requested by the board, prepare sample agenda, and document proxy and quorum requirements as set in governing documents, prepare the mailings in a timely and organized manner, including printing/stuffing as needed.
- Capability to make thorough notes at any meeting, detailing requests by the board members, directing the requests to the appropriate division within the management office or contractors in a timely and thorough manner, including follow-up.
- Ability to read, understand, and explain basic financial statements including balance sheets, income statements, and annual budgets.
- Familiarity with the basic operations of community associations.
- Planning, organizing, managing, and integrating workflow with team.
- Working effectively with elected boards of director, homeowners, local governmental agencies, contractors, insurers, and others.
- Planning, establishing, and implementing long and short-term goals, and objectives.
- Communicating effectively and timely, including preparing written reports and making short presentations.
- Ability to diffuse difficult situations or conversations.
- Prompt, present, and productive.
- Credentials in Community Association subjects, or willingness to complete education to achieve credentials in a timely manner on company expense.
- Proficiency in or the ability to learn and become proficient in specific software such as Office, appfolio, Zoom, Google Docs, Slack, Windows and Android environment.
Driver’s License (Required) good driving record, mileage reimbursement
United States (Required)
$41,600 to start
Paid time off, Holidays, Vacation, Personal Leave, Life Insurance, and more